Wednesday 19 September 2018

Can Hull away end the boredom?

Two sides who are bang out of form for different reasons.

Dracs are supposedly still celebrating their first trophy and whatever has happened outside of that glorious day at Wembley this season will be seen a success, and rightly so.

Hull have disintegrated as a result of injury and losing big matches such as the Challenge Cup quarter final.

In recent weeks both teams have been accused of clocking off for the winter. Hull especially having conceded over 100 points in two games including over 70 at Wakey and 80 at Wire. However I watched them against Castleford the other night and I felt there were positive signs and despite being well down on the scoreboard at half time they actually finished strongly.

Look, let's not beat about the bush here. If Hull could have hand picked a team to play this week to give them a chance of ending their horrific run it would have been us.

We haven't reached the heights of the Macron or Wembley since those days and my feeling is that we wont in this one either.

I try not to align my thoughts with Garry Schofield too often (no offence Garry!) but he had the Super 8's bob on with his comment on Forty 20 Live this week.

These games are a colossal waste of time and contain no drama, no dependencies on the outcome and will just be played out by teams waiting for a holiday.

I can't remember where in the show his rant came (as there are always plenty !!) but here is the show below...




I hope Catalans prove me wrong a get a win on the board before the end of the 2018 Super League season, but my breath is not held...


...as I might die.