Wednesday 12 December 2018

It's not April 1st is it?

https://www.rugby-league.com/article/54073/tony-adams-mbe-to-become-rugby-football-league-president

Don't worry, I have checked the calendar and no, I haven't slept through the rest of the winter like a hibernating squirrel.

Former Arsenal and England centre back Tony Adams is to become the new President of the RFL.

In a week where the organisation has been widely criticised for its desire to charge a bond to clubs with fewer physical supporters to ensure they are insured should these clubs get to a Challenge Cup final, Brian Barwick has brought in Adams along with some other bloke who isn't nearly as famous.

Now I am a Southerner (even if you count my new home in Lincolnshire) and I'd wager that I know a considerable amount more about the sport than Adams.

It's a mind boggling decision even if you account for the fact that through his Sporting Chance charity, big Tone (as he is known down the Holloway Road) has lots of sporting persons welfare experience.

Naturally we wish him well.

And that, as far as I am concerned... sums it all up!