Tuesday 13 August 2019

There are no words...

Leeds Rhinos (16) 48

T : Ash Handley 2, Rhyse Martin, Richie Myler 2, Robert Lui, Luke Briscoe
G : Rhyse Martin 10

Catalans Dragons (8) 8

T : Mickael Goudemand
G : Tony Gigot 2


I would love to say I had such high hopes for the season but even back in January when I appeared on Super League Pod, I called how this campaign would go.

That doesn't make me a genius or some sort of mystic prophet. It makes me someone who knows a little bit about the game (and granted, a little bit of knowledge can be dangerous!) and who, along with loads of other people saw this coming.

I am not asking for accolade or showing a sense of pride in being correct, however. I just wish it was different.

It seems that whomever plays and whomever is the coach, we have no bottle for big games away from home and as soon as we go behind we are mentally switching off and seem desperate to get back on the plane and home.

This has been forever thus and if anyone thinks that James Maloney will make enough of a difference to change this mindset, I think you are wrong.

There is nothing to say about this game. We've said the same thing too many times now.

Get this season over please. Enough now.